Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Fashion: A Line Skirt & Tee

Spring is finally here.  The weather is finally breaking and it's almost time for skirts and sandals.  One of my favorite fashion trends that I've seen this spring is A line skirts with tee shirts.  The great thing is that this style is perfect for pear shaped women especially ones like me who could afford to lose a couple extra pounds.  It's also a great style that you can dress up or dress down depending on where you're going.

I'm not exactly made of money so here are some cute reasonably priced skirts that I've found.

Mod Cloth: Turning in Tulle Skirt in Black $49.99


http://www.modcloth.com/shop/skirts/turning-in-tulle-skirt-in-black

This is a really cute skirt and tee combo.  It's perfect with ballet flats for a date night.  I'm pretty tall so I prefer not to wear heels so this look is perfect for me.  It also is knee length which is nice because if you have to bend over, your butt won't hang out of the bottom of her skirt.

H&M: Knee Length Skirt $34.95

http://www.hm.com/us/product/89979?article=89979-C#article=89979-C

Pockets are always a nice thing to have in a skirt and when it gets hot out, a tank top will be comfortable.  I'm not a fan of the shoes they chose with this outfit.  I'd probably opt for another pair of ballet flats.

Amazon.com: Mikarose Knee-Length Short Sleeve Dress $64.99

http://www.amazon.com/Mikarose-Womens-Knee-length-Short-Sleeve/dp/B00DTXHRQA/ref=pd_sim_a_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=0JQC7409CMYEB7XKWPQ9

Despite the fact that this is a dress it's very cute for a brunch or wedding/baby shower.  It looks great dressed up with some wedges, but it's still a nice comfortable, casual look.

Old Navy: Pleated Skirt $22.00

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1011459&vid=1&pid=173892002

This is a more casual way to wear the A Line skirt and Tee with a pair of canvas shoes and a cute little jacket.  I also like when the pleated A Line and Tee are paired with a motor cycle jacket and mary janes for an edgier look.

These are just a few ways to wear this kind of skirt, but I think it works for every body shape and particularly compliments a pear shaped body.

No comments:

Post a Comment