Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Bridal Shower Part 2: Favors and Decorations

When you're planning a bridal shower, food and drink is probably the most important thing (see last week's post), but after that, you need a little bit of ambiance.  I'm a simple person.  I really didn't want to over do it for my shower especially since I was basically planning it on my own.  Most of the decorations were essentially table covers and some simple centerpieces.

My wedding colors are plum, mercury (which is a medium gray) with pops of a bright blue.  When one of my bridesmaids and I went to Party City, there weren't any colors that matched exactly so we went with pale versions of my colors.  Not to mention we found these adorable plates and napkins:

partycity.com
This became the jumping off point for the color scheme: silver table cloths and light purple plastic cups and plastic flatware.  We also got light purple tissue paper for our centerpieces which I'll talk about in a second.  Later I went to the Dollar Tree and bought some white table cloths for the food tables and the benches of the picnic table we used.

The centerpieces were small potted plants that we wrapped in light purple tissue paper.  Make sure you keep them in a dry place the night before the shower -- they shouldn't wilt and that way the tissue paper won't fall apart.  We used rubber bands to hold the tissue paper up.  You can buy a huge bag of rubber bands from the Dollar Tree and they're all different colors.  We used mostly white ones.  Unfortunately since it was rainy the morning of the shower and we kept the plants outside under a canopy, the pots were still wet.  I wiped them off, but it was no use so I put a layer of paper towel inside the tissue paper to try and prevent the tissue paper from getting wet.  The operative word in that sentence is try.  It still worked out.

As for my favors, I wanted something simple and edible.  There's nothing worse than going home with a favor from a wedding shower that is completely useless and throwing it in a drawer or closet (the same goes with a wedding for that matter).  So I chose Lindor Truffles in a favor box.  

Do yourself a favor and go to lindt.com.  Seriously -- you can make your own variety pack of Lindor Truffles with any flavor you want -- it's dangerous.  I chose milk chocolate, peanut butter, citrus, sea salt, raspberry, white chocolate, cappuccino and coffee.


I bought some favor boxes with heart cut outs on Amazon and filled 40 of them with four truffles each.  The boxes were 2"x2"x2" so it was a tight squeeze to fit 4.  


In order to get all 4 in, I put two truffles on the bottom layer in opposite corners and then on the top layer, I put two truffles in the remaining two corners.

Step 1
Step 2




















The final product looks like this:




I may not look amazing from the front, but believe me, no one is looking at it for very long before cracking it open and enjoying those delicious chocolates.

This is what the final set up looked like on the day of the shower:

Please excuse my finger in this shot.  I was in a rush to take a picture and get ready for the party.

Now, you may be asking yourself, "Why are there pens on the table and what are the white things underneath the favor boxes?"  Well, I guess you'll just have to read next week's post on Bridal Shower Fun and Games to see the answers to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment