Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Laundry Hack: Drying Bib Overalls without Cracking your Dryer

My fiance loves wearing bib overalls because they're filled with convenient pockets and when he bends over, people can't see his plumber's crack.  He works at an auto shop so his boss appreciates when he wears bibs too.  I'm all for them except for the buckles at the end of the shoulder straps fly around in the dryer banging into the walls of the drum. This isn't good for the dryer and I don't want to buy a new one once my fiance's bibs inevitably crack the drum.

My first thought was to snap the buckles into the front pockets by snapping through the large hole in the buckle that goes around the button BUT the buckles on my fiance's bibs only have a slit in them not a hole large enough to snap into.  I decided to just stick each strap into its corresponding front pocket and snap it in hopes that the straps would miraculously stay in.  I snapped the straps in and pulled on them when I realized that the buckle is too wide and can't come out of the pocket because it can't fit between the side of the pocket and the snap.

Problem solved.  Dryer saved.  The world is a better place.


3 comments:

  1. Omg! Thank you for this tip! I've been trying so many different ways to keep this from happening... It drives me crazy!on good days I hang them outside,but when my husband forgets to bring them in until the night before he needs them.... That doesn't work. Thank you thank you thank you! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO clever! I felt kinda stupid for even googling this. Then your idea popped up and these are the exact bibs that my boyfriend has. I always hate washing/drying them because of all the noise it causes. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What am I missing ? What do you snap them onto in the pocket?

    ReplyDelete